1. Using proximity switch, which configuration of the Octopus motherboard should be set in? BL or PL08N?
The signal line of the V1.1 Probe port can only be connected to the PNP-type proximity switch. While the V1.1 Pro version adds a jumper cap setting, compatible with the NPN and PNP.
2. What’s the Mosfet Model of the Fan?
MOS/NMOS LC3400A SOT23-3
3. What are the Mosfet Models of the hot end and the heat bed?
Hot end: Patch MOS tube/HY1904C2/PDFN5x6-8L/40V 65A
Heat bed: Patch Mos tube, FET IPD036N04L TO-252
4. Why does the Octopus motherboard fail to link with the Klipper?
First, check whether the firmware is updated successfully and whether the wiring is correct. Utilize a type-C cable to link with the Raspberry to use the USB communication. And the mainboard needs to be updated by the USB firmware or the Klipper.bin file which is configurated by yourself. After the firmware is updated, connect the wires, and send “Isusb” or “ls /dev/serial/by-id” to see whether the USB device of the motherboard could be found.
a) If you can’t find the USB, please check the USB cable, and confirm whether the firmware is right, and is updated.
b) If you can find out the USB ID of the motherboard, you could view the printer.cfg file to check whether the ID of the configuration file is as same as the ID of the mainboard.
To use the UART communication, connect the 5pin Dupont line, update the UART firmware for the motherboard, and open the UART function of the Raspberry.
5. What is the maximum output current of the Octopus fan port?
It is recommended not to exceed 2A for a single.
6. The Octopus is connected to a MOS module to heat the high-power heat bed. Set the heat to 50℃, and the output current of the Heat bed on the mainboard was 24V at first. However, when the heating temperature reached about 40℃, the output current can’t go up. At this time, the output port of the heat bed on the mainboard fluctuates between 0~6V?
Turn off the PID and then test to see if it can be heated normally. Make sure the hardware is OK. If the heating is normal, and you want to get more precise temperature control, you could turn on the PID again to automatically adjust the parameters.
- BIQU Official Website http://biqu3d.com
- BIGTREETECH Official Website http://bigtree-tech.com
- Online Store https://biqu.equipment
- Community https://community.biqu3d.com